Thanks to Ema at Food 4 Your Mood, I have been nominated for The Liebster Award! From what I understand, The Liebster Award is a way to show appreciation and interest in you as a blogger from your blogging community, and I get to share the love by nominating a few of my favorite blogs as well. I believe it’s for newer bloggers, I’ve seen guidelines that say less than 2000 followers and I’ve seen it say less than 200…I’m not sure exactly.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Nominate 5 – 11 of your favorite bloggers and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Thank and linkback the person’s blog who nominated you.
I have chosen to accept my nomination gladly and share some inside information on à la modern mom.
11 Facts About Me
You may find that my answers differ from those answers given by A in a previous getting to know me post.
1. If I could live anywhere else in the world, I would try Germany.
2. I am a huge Colts fan. I thought that I was just a huge Peyton Manning fan, but I have now discovered with his departure to the Broncos that while I am his fan, I heart the Colts more than I heart him.
3. I am a night owl.
4. I have two Collies, Sandy and Marty. They are named after the dog in Annie and Marty McFly. They are both male.
5. In June, I celebrated a decade of marriage with Husby.
6. I am irritated by the sound of other people typing. I am not irritated by the sound of typing…just by other people typing.
7. Lana Del Rey is currently my favorite artist to Spotify. My current favorite changes often.
8. I have exactly zero tattoos, but I’ve been getting one since I was a teenager. It takes that long for me to make up my mind about things.
9. My 20 year high school reunion is this Fall. I am not okay with that.
10. I hate exercising not because it is difficult, but because it takes too much time.
11. As a matter-of-fact, when the kids are at school, I do “Date on Daddy.”
The Answers to Ema’s Questions About Me
She made these kind of hard!
a. Which is the most unique dish you have ever had and where?
I can not pinpoint one unique dish, but I would definitely say the where is my own home. Living as a SAHM in the midwest, there’s not a lot of call for unique tasting experiences in a restaurant or much time for travel, but I do love to experiment with different foods and techniques in my own kitchen.
b. Other than your niche, on what other topic would you like to blog around?
My blog tends to be a bit random already with everything from sub boxes to recipes to personal entries of daily life. One topic I am sure to hit on more often this Fall though, my own back-to-school journey.
c. What will you do if you win a jackpot of $1 Million?
Paying off my house and student loans would be priority number one. If I didn’t convince Husby a new house was in order, all new furnishings in the current one would be lovely.
d. How can you relate food, love and place altogether?
Curly Girl Designs is my all time favorite paper goods designer. A card from their website sums up my theory exactly. “A good cook knows that it’s not what is on the table that matters, it’s what is in the chairs.”
e. If you are granted a wish to transform yourself into a celebrity who will it be?
Taylor Swift. I would immediately visit my daughters and have an epic day of fun (they love Taylor). Do I have to stay this way forever though? Eek.
f. If you become invisible for a day, what would you like to do?
I don’t think much would change.
g. What are the points on the basis of which you criticize a write up?
I don’t criticize necessarily, but I know from the first few lines if I am interested or not. Different strokes for different folks.
h. Given a chance to change the name of potato and tomato what would you name them?
I think the names they already have are perfect. I do not wish to have this much responsibility.
i. All that glitters is not gold. Have you been in such a situation that compelled you to say this? Please elaborate.
I am sure I have said this in my lifetime and it was likely in reference to a tabloid event. Personally, I have never had the wool pulled over my eyes in a devastating way – knock on wood. My instincts are pretty good, and I am suspicious by nature. It’s a character flaw.
And I Nominate…
I hope you accept this nomination and choose to participate because I would certainly love to know more about YOU!
And my questions for you are:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
3. What is your favorite post that you’ve written (provide a link!)?
4. Who is your favorite fictional character?
5. What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
6. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self?
7. Where was your best vacation?
8. What is your hidden talent?
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
11. What movie did you love to watch as a child?